As mentioned in previous articles, the Holidays is a great time of year to connect with your existing clientele base and grow it. The right holiday campaign will either lead to a repeat purchase or introduce your brand to a new customer. If you’re not convinced yet, here are compiled stats about digital holiday retail data collected online that will blow your mind.
How are your Customers Behaving Now?
- In 2015, 40% of holiday shopping occurred online.
- 78% of shoppers used Internet for holiday research in 2015.
- The most popular time to buy online is weekdays from 12-2pm and on Sunday evenings.
- 41% of online shoppers purchased from a new retailer around the holidays.
Is your Competition Going Digital?
- 1 out of 3 retailers allow 30-50% of their total online marketing effort to the holiday season.
- U.S. retail e-commerce grows between 15.3% to 16.6.% every year.
- 86% of retailers are expecting their online holiday sales to increase in 2016.
- 38% of marketers do not use personalized communication (such as e-mail) in their holiday campaign.
- 49% of E-commerce retailers will have launched or at least designed a holiday campaign before Halloween.
- Only ⅓ of marketers don’t increase their social media spending in Q4 (Sep-Dec).
Are your Consumers Using Their Phones in Your Store?
- 49% of shoppers view products in person first to find them online for a cheaper afterwards.
- 22% of customers research your products on their smartphone while being in your store.
- 27% of customers read online peer reviews while shopping at a store.
- People who shop both online and in person appear to spend 66% more than those who only shop in person.
- Shoppers that use more than one channel (online and in person) show a 30% higher lifetime value to your brand.
As you can see, consumer trends are changing and your business needs to move where you can reach your current and potential new customers. A well planned holiday marketing campaign will drive success and increased brand loyalty and awareness if executed well.